Main Article Content
Objective: This study is done in respect to develop a milk based product having both the properties of milk and oat beta glucan. The objective of the study is to analyze the stability, texture and overall acceptance of flavored milk with oat beta glucan and to assess the processing parameters in order to increase the stability. Materials & Methods: In this study two methods have been used. First method is one stage processing in which beta-glucan (3%) was added simultaneously with carrageenan and In Second method, oat beta-glucan is not added and chocolate milk is made by carrageenan and the other dry ingredients only. Result is tasted by sensory evaluation, texture properties and viscosity. Results: In both the studies, The mouthfeel and viscosity is better in chocolate FM fortified with oat beta glucan. Conclusion: In this study we use 3% oat beta-glucan for fortification of the chocolate milk. Sensory evaluation is carried out for consumer preference and the texture and viscosity is also measured. chocolate FM with oat beta-glucan has improved mouthfeel, viscosity and fortified with fiber milk. By adding oat beta-glucan we can claim points about Fiber as per FSSAI Guidelines also.
Copyright (c) 2016 BANDANA CHATTERJEE, TINKAL PATEL
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and will retain publishing rights without restrictions.
The submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the journal. The main (first/corresponding) author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
What are my rights as an author?
It is important to check the policy for the journal to which you are submitting or publishing to establish your rights as
Author. Journal's standard policies allow the following re-use rights:
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to obtain publishing rights without restrictions.
- You may do whatever you wish with the version of the article you submitted to the journal.
- Once the article has been accepted for publication, you may post the accepted version of the article on your own personal website, your department's website or the repository of your institution without any restrictions.
- You may not post the accepted version of the article in any repository other than those listed above (i.e. you may not deposit in the repository of another institution or a subject-matter repository) until 12 months after publication of the article in the journal.
- You may use the published article for your own teaching needs or to supply on an individual basis to research colleagues, provided that such supply is not for commercial purposes.