HEART- HEALTHY NATURAL INGREDIENTS FOR CHOLESTEROL REDUCTION
Now-a-days people are shifting towards western lifestyle and food which is increasing the level of cholesterol and hence increase in risk of cardiovascular diseases. Cardiovascular disease is causing premature death at the highest rate than any other disease. In market various cholesterol reducing drugs are present which people are consuming. Intake of these drugs causes various life threatening side effects. People can switch to natural sources of reducing cholesterol level which will be healthy as well as safe. Plant sterol, plant stanol and plant stanol ester are safe as they are from a plant source and is proven to lower cholesterol level. Foods enriched in these components should be consumed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. There are several cholesterol reducing ingredients which is still not known among the mass. Dietary fibers, all type of nuts, garlic, apple, soy products, green tea are some of the many natural cholesterol reducing ingredients which is discussed in this review. Various studies have been conducted to show that these ingredients do reduce the cholesterol level in a noticeable way. FDA has also approved various health claims regarding these ingredients.
KEYWORDS: Cardiovascular disease; Cholesterol; Plant sterols; Natural cholesterol reducing ingredients.
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and will retain publishing rights without restrictions.
The submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the journal. The main (first/corresponding) author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
What are my rights as an author?
It is important to check the policy for the journal to which you are submitting or publishing to establish your rights as
Author. Journal's standard policies allow the following re-use rights:
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to obtain publishing rights without restrictions.
- You may do whatever you wish with the version of the article you submitted to the journal.
- Once the article has been accepted for publication, you may post the accepted version of the article on your own personal website, your department's website or the repository of your institution without any restrictions.
- You may not post the accepted version of the article in any repository other than those listed above (i.e. you may not deposit in the repository of another institution or a subject-matter repository) until 12 months after publication of the article in the journal.
- You may use the published article for your own teaching needs or to supply on an individual basis to research colleagues, provided that such supply is not for commercial purposes.