PROBIOTIC DAIRY PRODUCTS: PRODUCTION AND SENSORY EVALUATION
Foods that affect specific functions or systems in the human body, providing health benefits beyond energy and nutrients, functional foods have experienced rapid market growth in recent years. This growth is stimulated by technological innovations and development of new products. The increasing Number of health-conscious consumers are interested in products that improve life quality. Since the global market of functional foods is increasing annually. Probiotics show considerable promise for the expansion of the dairy industry, especially in such specific sectors as yoghurts (Indian dahi), cheeses, beverages, ice creams, and other desserts. This article presents an overview of functional food and strategies for their development with some attention to probiotic dairy products. The special attention is paid to the sensory of such products to provide important information about the most desirable attributes.
KEYWORDS: Functional foods; Dairy Products; Sensory properties; Probiotic strains.
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and will retain publishing rights without restrictions.
The submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the journal. The main (first/corresponding) author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
What are my rights as an author?
It is important to check the policy for the journal to which you are submitting or publishing to establish your rights as
Author. Journal's standard policies allow the following re-use rights:
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to obtain publishing rights without restrictions.
- You may do whatever you wish with the version of the article you submitted to the journal.
- Once the article has been accepted for publication, you may post the accepted version of the article on your own personal website, your department's website or the repository of your institution without any restrictions.
- You may not post the accepted version of the article in any repository other than those listed above (i.e. you may not deposit in the repository of another institution or a subject-matter repository) until 12 months after publication of the article in the journal.
- You may use the published article for your own teaching needs or to supply on an individual basis to research colleagues, provided that such supply is not for commercial purposes.